In keeping with Governor LaMont's health and safety directives and those of the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities, the QVCC Library will limit access to its Danielson campus facilities to enrolled and prospective students, to faculty and staff, who plan to use the library for the purposes of academic research and study; for course-related printing, copying, borrowing or returning of resources; or for engagement with socially distant reference or instructional services provided by library staff.
WHEN IS THE LIBRARY OPEN FOR ON-GROUND STUDY?
- Tuesdays 9am-2pm
- Wednesdays 2pm-7pm
- Thursdays 9am-2pm
- Mondays & Fridays by appointment only
- 11 PCs in the Library Classroom for QUIET study when teaching is not in session - register at desk to access PCs
- 14 PCs in the general library study areas- register at desk to access PCs
- 4 Macs in the general library study areas- register at desk to access Macs
- Study carrels and tables in limited supply - register at desk to access study areas
- Printing and copying at the Uniflow Printer only -- Banner ID login required
- Assistance from Library Staff available on-ground and virtually.
- Register at the main library service desk upon arrival.
- You will be assigned a workspace based on your study needs. Do not change location once assigned.
- Masks or face coverings must cover the nose and mouth at all times.
- Social distancing (6-feet or more) is required.
- No food or drink is allowed. No exceptions.
- Do not move furniture.
- Do not share equipment.
- Sign-out at the main library service desk when leaving -- this is essential so that your vacated workspace can be quarantined and sanitized before the next user.
WHAT's NOT AVAILABLE?
- Study rooms are closed - no access
- Stacks (shelves of library books) are closed - if you need a book, ask a library staff member
- Periodicals are closed - if you need an article from a magazine, newspaper, or scholarly journal, ask a library staff member. Most are available online and staff will help you find them.
- DVDs are closed. Faculty may request DVDs for instructional purposes only.
- Short-term equipment loans are closed (no phone chargers).
To see these policies and protocols in detail, please view the document at the bottom of this page.