If students do not have Internet access they may be able to obtain free access for a limited time from these providers. They will need to check to be sure these providers offer service in their area.
- Spectrum is offering free Wi-Fi to students for 60 days call 1.844.488.8395
- Comcast is also offering free Wi-Fi for 60 days to new low-income families as well as opening their Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots to everyone for free. Call 1-855-8-INTERNET (1-855-846-8376).
- Altice through Optimum and Suddenlink is offering free internet connectivity for 60 days. Optimum is also offering access though their special Wi-Fi hotspots SSID: optimumwifiemergency. Call the numbers below for further information on getting internet at your home 866.200.9522 to enroll in Optimum region . 888.633.0030 to enroll in Suddenlink region
- AT&T is also offering public access to their Wi-Fi Hotspots for free. There are also offering internet access for qualifying limited income households at $10 a month through our Access from AT&T program. Call 877.990.0041 (English) or 877.900.0046 (Spanish).
FACULTY ALERT: If you know of a student who may be at risk because they lack the proper equipment to work from home, it is urgent that you contact Jarrod Borek or M'lyn Hines .Provide these essential details:
- Student Name
- Student Banner ID
- Student preferred contact (email address, phone number)
- laptop only?
- hotspot only?
- laptop and hotspot?
- Course, including CRN Course #
- It is really important that we know what class the student is enrolled in that requires the laptop. We will make sure the laptop is equipped to run the required software, supplies permitting.